Wednesday, November 7, 2007

If I could save time in a bottle

You see, I did actually have grand intentions for this thing. It was going to be my newspaper. My opinions. My website. My whiteboard on a dorm room door. My soapbox.

As you can tell, it's been nothing. Is there really nothing to write about? Of course not - Indianapolis has a new mayor. He'll become the second most-known Greg in Marion County behind the guy that's sitting in street clothes on the Portland bench.
The IU men's basketball coaching staff has made a few extra phone calls. And not to their mothers. The 2008 election is approaching all too quickly. What's so interesting about Ron Paul? Is there really no upstanding Republican candidate otherwise? I've only been alive with a Bush or Clinton in office; I'd prefer some other last name in 2008, to be sure.
Do the Colts pipe crowd noise through the RCA dome speakers? Why does that matter?
Ken Paulson, editor of USA Today, spoke tonight about the transition of journalism from superheroes (think Clark Kent and Peter Parker) to subpoenas (Barry Bonds' steroid scandal and the San Francisco reporters).
In my quiet times, I've been reading through I Corinthians. Countless applications. I've been to a Navigator's conference and could share from that experience.

And the list goes on...
Why haven't I posted? Simple: I'm really quite busy. Maybe I'll post more when things settle down, although if it hasn't really settled down by the start of November, will it ever by the end of the semester? I doubt it.

This post is to say I'm still alive. And I'm actually still interested in writing on this thing. But not at the moment. I am writing, by the way - go to idsnews.com and search "Nathan Hart". You might enjoy reading an IU ice hockey story, no?

No comments: